Tuesday, September 14, 2010

No Hablo Ingles

Aparrently, I am unable to speak Spanish over the phone.  Well, technically, I can speak it pretty well I think.  I just can't understand it.  I got a phone call at work and it was a member speaking Spanish.  At first he was just talking so fast I couldn't even understand what he was saying.  So, I had him say it again.  This time, I think I pretty much understood what he was saying, I just couldn't quite figure out what he wanted.  Well, I asked his account number, and he was like,

"Es America First?"

"Si."

"Uh, eres blanco?"

"Si."

"Oh."

"Sorry."

"Okay, bye."

Yes, I am indeed white.  I can speak Spanish pretty well I think.  And I can understand pretty decently too, especially if it's written down.  But, I now know that I am unable to converse in Spanish over the phone.

Life lesson learned.

No comments: